Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Knitted Lacy Scarf with center cable


Knitted Lacy Scarf with center cable

November 2012 Pattern of the month Knit

Knitted Lacy Scarf with center cable
            by N Banks






I wanted something nice to wear when it got cold, with a cable and lace stitches. This scarf was
was what I made, hope you like it.  appx 10 x 59


Materials:
One pair 10 ½ knitting needles
 4 stitch markers
1 row counter
1 U shaded cable needle
4 ply yarn, (I used Caron One pounder in Lavender, you can get this yarn from Jo-Ann's Fabric)
 
Notes: Please note that this pattern is not for beginners
C4F = put first 2 stitches on cable needle, hold to front, k next 2 stitches, then k 2 stitches from cable needle.
SSK = slip 1 stitch knit wise twice, knit both slipped stitch thru back loops.
Slip markers has you come to them.
PSSO = Pass slip stitch over

Cast on 34 stitches.

Up set row: K 3, place marker, knit 11, place marker, k 6, place marker, k 11, place marker, k 3.

Knit 4 more rows.

Row 1: K 3, *( k2 tog, yo} 2 times, k3, {yo, ssk} 2 times*, p 1, k 4, p 1,
*(k 2 tog, yo} 2 times, k3, {yo, ssk} 2 times*, K 3.

Row 2: K 3, p 11, k 1, p 4, k 1, p 11, K3.

Row 3: K 3, *k2, yo, ssk, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, k2 tog, yo, k2*. p1, C4F, p 1,
*k2, yo, ssk, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, k2 tog, yo, k2*, K 3

Row 4: K 3, p 11, k 1, p 4, k 1, p 11, K3.

Row 5: K 3, *k3, yo, ssk, yo, sl 1-k2tog,  psso, yo, k3*. p 1, k 4, p 1,
*k3, yo, ssk, yo, sl 1-k2tog, psso, yo, k3*.K 3.

Row 6: K 3, p 11, k 1, p 4, k 1, p 11, K3.

Row 7: K 3, *k 4, (yo, ssk} 2 times, k3*. p1,  C4F, p 1, *k4, (yo, ssk} 2 times, k3*. K 3.

Row 8: K 3, p 11, k 1, p 4, k 1, p 11, K3.

Row 9: K 3, *k2, k2tog, yo, k1, {yo, ssk} 2 times, k2*, p 1, k 4, p 1,
*k2, k2tog, yo, k1, {yo, ssk} 2 times, k2*, K3.

Row 10: K 3, p 11, k 1, p 4, k 1, p 11, K3.

Row 11: K 3, *k1, (k2tog, yo} 2 times, k1, (yo, ssk) 2 times, k1 *. p1,  C4F, p 1,
*k1, (k2tog, yo} 2 times, k1, (yo, ssk) 2 times, k1 *, K 3.

Row 12: K 3, p 11, k 1, p 4, k 1, p 11, K3.

Repeat rows 1 to 12 18 times. Then rows 1 to 11 once, knit 5 rows, bind off, weave in the ends, and block.

This pattern is copyrighted, and may not be used on any media, including websites, lists, newsletters, nor sold, recopied or reformatted. It is for your personal use only.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ok. you say we need 4 ply yarn, but HOW MUCH for this scarf?
Mrs Gelerinter

please respond soon, as i am ready to start this. thanks.

Nina's At My House said...

4 ply yarn, (I used Caron Light Lavender One pounder)

Unknown said...

I would love to make this using sport yarn. What size needles would you recommend?

Nina's At My House said...

I would say between a 5 to 7 knitting needles would work.

Londonlisa said...

I've gone out of my mind looking for yarn called "Caron light lavender one pounder", so I contacted the company out of frustration, they confirmed what I suspected, they have never made a yarn by this name, the name of the yarn is Caron One Pound and the color light lavender was discontinued 9 years ago. I am happy to know that it is a yarn that I have in my stash and I can use this awesome pattern to kill that part of my stash for my charitable donations.

Crazy coasters

Crazy coasters     I didn't use a pattern with these coaster, I purchased a templet set off Amazon, cut a backing out of material to mat...