Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Box Stitch Ski Hat

Box Stitch Ski Hat@2013 by N. Banks



This is the second pattern I’ve made for the Maine hat Charity. As I design some simple hats, I will be posting them on my blog, hope you make lots of hats.


Materials:
Worsted Weight yarn, any color. I used a deep red.
Size 5 & 7 circular knitting needles, 16 inches long
Row counter, 10 stitch markers and a yarn needle
Using size 5 circular knitting needles, cast on 100

Rds 1 to 7: Knit 2, Purl 2 around

Change to size 7 circular needles 






Rds 8, 9, 10, 11, 12: Knit 5, Purl 5
Rds 13, 14, 15, 16, 17: Purl 5, Knit 5
Repeat rounds 8 to 17   3 times, on last round place markers after every 10th stitch.


Top of hat
Rd 1: knit to 2 stitches before marker, knit 2 stitches together,


Before finish of top of hat                                    



Repeat round 1 until you have 10 stitches left, change to size 7 double pointed needles needed. Cut yarn leaving a long tail, with a yarn needle, run yarn through remaining stitches and pull up tight, work ends of yarn in.
top of hat



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assuming you change to size 7 circular needles after the ribbing?

Nina's At My House said...

Size 5 & 7 circular knitting needles, 16 inches long

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Is the ribbed part intended to be folded over when the hat is worn or does it lay flat? I want to put some sequins on for my daughter and make sure they are on the correct side. :)

Nina said...

the ribbing is only 1 inch and not turned up. This is an adult sized hat

April 2022 Pattern of the Month Crochet Lily of the Valley Doily

  At My House April 2022 Pattern of the Month Crochet Lily of the Valley Doily Pattern Materials Required: AMERICAN THREAD COMPANY ...