Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Full and Fluffy Lacy Scrunchie


Full and Fluffy Lacy Scrunchie @2001 by Cathy Hansen

 Use whatever yarn you like for this scrunchie, along with the appropriate hook size.  I like to use Aunt Lydia's Denim crochet cotton with an "F" or "G" hook.


To begin:  Sc around an elastic hair tie (about 30 to 40 sc).

Row 1:  Ch 4 (counts as sc, ch 3);  * sc in next sc, ch 3 *; repeat from *  to *  around; join with sl st in first chain of first ch 4.

Row 2:  Sl st in next ch 3 sp; ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in same ch 3 sp, ch 1; * (dc, ch 1) twice in next ch 3 sp *; repeat from * to * around; join with sl st in third ch of first ch 4.

Row 3:  Sl st in next ch 1 sp; ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in same ch 1 sp, ch 1; * (dc, ch 1) twice in next ch 1 sp *; repeat from * to * around; join with sl st in third ch of first ch 4.

Row 4:   * Sl st in next ch 1 sp, ch 3 *; repeat from * to * around; join with sl st in joining.

End off and weave in ends.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Atmyhouse

This pattern is copyrighted, and may not be used on any media, including websites, lists, newsletters, nor sold, recopied or reformatted. It is for your personal use only.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help, I added 35 sc to the elastic. I even made it through row one. But I'm totally lost on row two. Can anyone please explain?

Nina's At My House said...

I have never made this one. But I will try to help you. Row 2 reads:
Sl st in next ch 3 sp; ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), dc in same ch 3 sp, ch 1; * (dc, ch 1) twice in next ch 3 sp *; repeat from * to * around; join with sl st in third ch of first ch 4.

So you would sl st in next ch 3 sp, then ch 4, and ch 1 and another dc in same place and ch 1. * then 1 dc ch 1, 1 dc, and ch 1 in next ch space.* then you work this around in each ch 3 place and just join. It's like a V stitch in each ch 3. Hope this helps.

Nina

Judi Mckeon said...

I wanted to thank you for sharing this pattern, I absolutely love, love,love this pattern. It's so lacey looking and was easy to follow. I'm in Christmas craft show and going to make a bunch of these.
Thank you so very much

Nina said...

Thank you. Glad you like it.
Nina

Crazy coasters

Crazy coasters   I didn't use a pattern with these coasters, I purchased a templet set off Amazon, cut a backing out of material to matc...