This is a place for my knitting, sewing, crochet designs and projects. I have been knitting since I was
4, and crocheting since age 19. I have a knitting and crochet list on yahoo called At My House at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Atmyhouse, come see us!!
I have been trying to find useful ways to relearn how to knit on
my knitting machine, which I tucked away about 25 to 35 years ago. This pattern
makes a padded case to fit a standard pair of glasses. This was knit on a Studio SK 700 standard machine.
Silver Reed Card # 265
Tamm 3 ply Astracryl in white and lavender or two colors of your
Fabric and matching thread to match your main yarn:
1 piece of fabric to match your main color
With white cast on with an e wrap 66 stitches (33-0-33).
Ten 7, RC O set machine to knit, be sure your latches are
open.Knit 9 rows. Hang weights, COL.
Inset card # 265,
1. Set machine order #1 (for Fair Isle or Knit it) , and knit one
row to the right,
2. Set machine order #2 (page 24 of SK 700 Studio manual) (fair
lsle). Be sure and add your second yarn to the feeder, (First time I tried
this, I didn’t add the second yarn and everything fall off the machine. So
after a few more tries, tears and some not so nice words, I got it to working
right, don’t laugh, I am sure you have all had the same problems at times.)
Also double check your settings for row 2 again. And of course I didn’t and it
would not knit for me when I was playing around with the machine.
RC O, knit 70 rows.
3. COL RC O,
4. Remove 2nd yarn from feeder.
5. Set machine to plain knit. Be sure and check your settings
again, if you don’t have them right, your work will fall off the machine, just
like mine did, lol.
6. Knit 10 rows. Bind off around gate posts.
7. Steam piece flat.
8. Lay knit piece flat with wrong side up and measure from side to
side and from the top to the bottom of the design (not the white part at the
top and bottom). Cut fabric to this
9. Lay this piece of fabric on the wrong side of the knit piece
and tack in place.
10. Steam top and bottom flaps (white parts) down so that only the
design shows on the right side. Pin in place and sew down.
11. Pin center seam (sides) together matching top and bottom, sew
12. Center the side seam in the middle of case at the back of the
design and sew bottom closed. Turn right side out and stream lightly.