Monday, July 11, 2011

My Devil’s food Cake

My Devil’s food Cake
For my daughter Amy, this is the recipe that your dad and you kids liked when you were all little. I just used a white icing on it. I had changed this recipe some, but you all liked it.

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons soda 1 cup sour milk (2 tablespoons vinegar, add milk to make one cup. Let stand for about 30 min. or while you grease and flour the pan/s)
2/3 cup salad oil 2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350. Make sour milk. Prepare pan/s. Mix all together in large bowl.. Mix well. Pour in pan/s. Bake 25 to 30 min. till toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean. Cool in pan/s 5 min. Makes one 9 x 13 or two 8 inch cake.

No comments:

Crazy coasters

Crazy coasters   I didn't use a pattern with these coasters, I purchased a templet set off Amazon, cut a backing out of material to matc...